Arctic Ski Touring Week
Our lodge is located on Uløya island, in the heart of Lyngen, one of the best skiing areas in the world. We offer an all-inclusive week with top quality IFMGA guiding, great food and comfy lodging at the foot of Blatinden (1146) and 50m from a shoreline. We have our own fleet of boats so included in the trip are also boating trips to othjer islands - unforgettable experience!
If you were a magician and could produce the most perfect ski touring venue in the World, Uløya would be the result. You can go just about anywhere, and in the spring and winter powder snow is guaranteed. Nowhere else in the world it is possible to find thousand-metre slopes, inclined at almost any angle, perfect for experts or beginners alike, and falling right into the dark blue waters of the fjords.
As a private tour, the itinerary for this experience is very flexible. There are many different routes that can be chosen depending on weather and snow conditions and the group’s level of fitness and experience. The area in which the tour takes place is very remote and conditions such as storms, avalanches, road closures due to extreme weather or even water shortages, which may affect the itinerary and accessibility of some route options. Information below is a general guide to some of the possible options for tours during the week. Ultimately, your guide will decide about each trip based on current weather, snow conditions and safety precautions.
- 7-day stays (or any other length of stay upon request) for groups of 3 to 6 people.
- Accommodation is in our comfy, warm, fully equipped apartments, complete with basement changing and drying rooms.
- Ski-touring guiding is provided by our internationally respected IVBV / IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations) guides.
- Modern, safe 8.5m and 7.5m, 150 HP aluminium boats all at your disposal.
- Dates from 3 March to 1 May
- 1/2 seafishing day, equipment included
- equpment rental on-site
- Airport transfer - Tromsø NOK 2000 per person return, Sørkjosen NOK 500 per person return